Saturday, June 23, 2018

How I Got Results In Two Weeks With This Ab Workout



This year, I’ve been a little more diligent about getting the toned body I’ve always longed for, but never really wanted to make the effort for.While I was pleased that it gained some notoriety, I was more encouraged by the scores of women who seemed to resonate with wanting to overcome a common problem: toning their arms. If I had to guess, I’d say the next “problem area” most women would like to change is their midsection, and especially if they’ve had children.
For me, I’ve never followed through on an ab workout. I hate doing crunches, don’t like feeling the burn and honestly, never saw enough results to motivate me to keep going. I just figured I’d deal with a pouch that hangs over my waistband when I sit down and call it a day. But after seeing such obvious results with my arm workout, I decided I’d give the ab workout a good ole college try. And let me tell you, it’s working.
This post isn’t about getting a 6-pack in two weeks. It’s also not about losing a ton of weight. But it IS about showing the benefits of hard work, consistency AND how you actually CAN see ab results in two weeks.
First, let me start by saying that I am not overweight. I have always been a petite person but my weight does fluctuate at times, which makes me feel pudgy and that’s why I wanted to start toning everything. Just because I’m on the thinner side does not naturally mean I have abs without trying, or that a person who would like to lose a few pounds cannot see results! You will NEVER have defined abs if you don’t try, so why not just do it?
Second, let me say that I would not call my results in the last two weeks “dramatic.” What would I call them? Encouraging. Motivating. Satisfying. Starting and sticking to a routine is the hardest part and that’s why I wanted to show you how far I’ve come in such a short time so that YOU can feel encouraged, motivated and satisfied too! This first picture is my “before” picture and it was taken on June 20. You’ll have to forgive the less than perfect framing, as I’ve had to rely on my 4-year old to capture my progress. As you can see, I have little definition on my stomach and a few love handles starting to form:
ab workout

How I Got Results In Two Weeks Doing This Ab Workout

Before I get into the results, I wanted to share the actual workout I use. Keeping in the spirit of my last workout, I stuck with XHIT and their “10 Minute Ab Workout: How To Get A Six Pack.” Let me warn you- this is the HARDEST ab workout I have ever done. I am literally dripping with sweat by the time I’m done, and the first time I did it, I was in mass amounts of pain the next day. But it’s worth it! It’s only a 10 minute workout- you can do this.


I followed this workout video exactly and did it 4 times a week. I did not change my diet, or go on a diet. I eat cheese, chocolate, bread and have wine (not all in the same day, or every day) but I don’t go overboard on portions. The only thing I made sure I did was to be consistent and do this workout 4 times a week.
Ok, so let’s see how it’s helped so far. This is my first photo with 4 workouts under my belt in 1 week. This photo was taken on June 27. While I am definitely wearing my pants lower than the first photo, I can already start to see the definition in my ab muscles, especially on the sides:

ab workout
Here is a comparison and I apparently I went to the pool in between photos because I look decidedly tanner!

ab workout
After two weeks and about 8 ab workouts, this is where I stand as of this week. Not only can I see more side definition but I can also see my upper abs tightening up as well! This photo was taken on July 3rd:
ab workout
And a comparison:
ab workout
Do I have a 6-pack? No. Am I more toned? Heck yes! This was literally only doing the workout 8 times, I can’t wait to see how I look at the end of the summer.
Ladies- you can do this too! Don’t put off starting a workout routine because it’s summer, because you only like 1 piece bathing suits, or just because you don’t think it will change anything. It can and it will- if you want it.
Be sure to check back with me in a few months- WHEN I have a 6-pack!

0 comments:

Post a Comment